Our amazing CASA Volunteers make a difference in the lives of foster children every day. For your inspiration, we like to spotlight one of these everyday heroes as CASA Volunteer of the Month. This month we are pleased to feature Tricia Kramer. (Please feel free to like, comment or share and help honor this Volunteer.)
- Why did you decide to become a CASA Volunteer?
A young family member died suddenly and I went looking for a community service project to help with my recovery.
- How long have you been a CASA Volunteer and how many children have you worked with?
I have been a CASA for about 3 years and am currently working with my second child.
- What do you like best about volunteering with CASA?
I enjoy spending time with a kid who appreciates some extra one on one focus. With my current case there are other children in the family, including infant twins. My CASA kid looks forward to being the center of attention for a change as we play, catch up on homework and explore our community.
- How has being a CASA Volunteer positively impacted your life?
I feel privileged and empowered by my training. Working with children who have experienced trauma is incredibly important and often frustrating, but mostly it's a lot of fun.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself:
I've run 15 marathons!