Attending an orientation is the first step in our application process. In these one-hour information sessions, prospective volunteers will learn about the commitment and responsibilities required to serve as a CASA volunteer. Interested attendees are encouraged to submit applications to become volunteers. Applicants accepted into the program are invited to attend our 30-hour training program.
Orientations and training are held in our office building at Sobrato Nonprofit Center – Redwood Shores, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA. 94065. Advanced registration is required.
Orientations are in English unless otherwise specified.
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Wednesday, August 26, 2018 Noon
- Thursday, September 6, 2018
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 Noon
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 Noon
CASA will hold orientations in the community if your workplace, professional group, congregation, or community organization is interested.
- Fall 2018: October 9 - November 13
- Spanish Training 2019 - March 12
Training will be held two nights a week for a period of five weeks. Graduation and swearing in is held after the 10 classes have been completed.