Attending an orientation is the first step in our application process. In these one-hour information sessions, prospective volunteers will learn about the commitment and responsibilities required to serve as a CASA volunteer. Interested attendees are encouraged to submit applications to become volunteers. Applicants accepted into the program are invited to attend our 30-hour training program.
Orientations and training are held in our office building at Sobrato Nonprofit Center – Redwood Shores, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA. 94065. Advanced registration is required.
2017: Orientations are in English unless otherwise specified.
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017
CASA will hold orientations in the community if your workplace, professional group, congregation, or community organization is interested.
- Winter 2018: January 9, 2018 - February 13, 2018
- Spanish Training: March 12, 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Spring 2018: April 17, 2018 - Mary 22, 2018
Training will be held two nights a week for a period of five weeks. Graduation and swearing in is held after the 10 classes have been completed.