Attending an orientation is the first step in our application process. In these one-hour information sessions, prospective volunteers will learn about the commitment and responsibilities required to serve as a CASA volunteer. Interested attendees are encouraged to submit applications to become volunteers. Applicants accepted into the program are invited to attend our 30-hour training program.
Orientations and training are held in our office building at Sobrato Nonprofit Center – Redwood Shores, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA. 94065. Advanced registration is required.
2018: Orientations are in English unless otherwise specified.
- Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018, (noon)
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 (noon)
- Thursday, April 5, 2018
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 (noon)
CASA will hold orientations in the community if your workplace, professional group, congregation, or community organization is interested.
- Spanish Training: March 12, 2018 - April 11, 2018
- Spring 2018: April 17, 2018 - May 22, 2018
- Summer: July 10, 2018 - August 14, 2018
Training will be held two nights a week for a period of five weeks. Graduation and swearing in is held after the 10 classes have been completed.