Attending an orientation is the first step in our application process. In these one-hour information sessions, prospective volunteers will learn about the commitment and responsibilities required to serve as a CASA volunteer. Interested attendees are encouraged to submit applications to become volunteers. Applicants accepted into the program are invited to attend our 30-hour training program.
Orientations and training are held in our office building at Sobrato Nonprofit Center – Redwood Shores, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA. 94065. Advanced registration is required.
2017: Orientations are in English unless otherwise specified.
- Wednesday, August 23 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 29 12 noon
- Wednesday, September 6 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 20 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 27 12 noon
- Thursday, September 28 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CASA will hold orientations in the community if your workplace, professional group, congregation, or community organization is interested.
- Summer 2017: July 11, 2017 - August 15, 2017
- Fall 2017: October 9, 2017 - November 15, 2017
Training will be held two nights a week for a period of five weeks. Graduation and swearing in is held after the 10 classes have been completed.